Today, while you read this, I’m already on the road- again.
Most people ask, “Sam, where are you going?” To tell you the truth- I’m not actually sure.
I know it includes stops in North Carolina, Virginia and Connecticut and I hope to New Hampshire but past that basic information I’m not that ‘in the loop’.
Fact is, in our world ‘in the loop’ changes week by week, day by day, and certainly hour by hour. It’s enough to make my head spin. I learned long ago from Jubilee Phillips, part of the Vision Forum Phillips clan, to just get in the car and GO! So far, that plan has worked out well for me.
People also often ask, “When will you be back?”
That’s another question where I usually just shrug, pivot and wave my hands at my parents, “I don’t know, ask them”. You see, that’s another variable in the master plans that I have no control over. One day we might be in Boston and the next thing I know Dad offers a trip up to New York City to see a Broadway Production. “Okay,” I say, “That sounds fun!”.
And FUN it is…
From New York City to Singapore to Cairo, Egypt, my life has been full of ADVENTURE!
- Meeting Bison up close and personal and riding horses in Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota
- Yellowstone – EVERYTHING!
- Being scared at the top of the Eifel Tower
- a laser light show in Sioux Falls at night
- eating fondue in Switzerland and the locals laughing at us for doing it wrong!
- hiking in the Grand Canyon with Mom and Katie
- Visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy
- actually knowing where Iowa 80 Truck Stop is
- Big Bend National Park
- everything in …. Athens, Greece
- Swimming in Lake Michigan
- Getting caught in cactus with Dad on an ATV ride in Arizona
- skiing in Yosemite
- Walking where Paul walked in the ancient ruins at Ephesus (now Turkey)
- filming television shows in Singapore, Bali and Berlin
- and this dumpy cruise that we took two years ago…
And even though I’m only fourteen, I’m smart enough to realize that this time with my family is PRICELESS!
All these amazing adventures we go on together, all the fun we have, and all the laughter we’ve shared will be mine forever. In a few years when I’ve moved away from home and I’m onto the next season of my life, I’m going to have all these experiences, memories, and smiles.
Yup, we’re on the road again. Stay tuned, I’m sure something exciting will happen!